I’m back, bishes.
So, I was challenged by mum last week. She told me there was no way I’d be able to make cookies without having to use any animal source.
To their surprise, it came out yummy 😀
Yummy and cruelty free!
Here’s the recipe I came across with at: http://www.ericasweettooth.com .
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
Adapted from Kirsten’s Kitchen
2 cups flour
1 cup turbinado sugar (or granulated sugar)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup dark chocolate chips/chunks (make sure they’re vegan!)
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup soy/almond milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp dark molasses
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees
– In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and chocolate chips.
– In another bowl, combine the vegetable oil, milk, vanilla, and molasses.
– Add the wet mixture to the dry and mix well with a wooden spoon or your hands to get the mixture well incorporated.
– Roll dough into compact balls, place on a parchment paper-lined pan, and squish them down to form saucers.
– Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes. Let cookies cool for 5 minutes on the pan before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe yields about 16 cookies.
NOTE: I took the liberty of not adding the molasses and instead added 2 mushed bananas which I highly recommend if you want a good sticky enough texture. They come out soft at the end, regardless. I also took the liberty of adding 2/4 almond milk instead. Just cause I’m a fatass like that 😉
Only one thing is certian about coffee…. Wherever it is grown, sold, brewed, and consumed, there will be lively controversy, strong opinions, and good conversation. ~Mark Pendergrast
I don’t know what it is about coffee, but it definitely stirs up deep, inspirational soul to soul conversations.